Have a question you would like to have added to the FAQ Page?

Email it to jason@rsar.realtor.


Q: I have a real estate license now what?

A: Once you have received your real estate license and chosen the brokerage you are going to work with, you must complete a New Member Application. The New Member Application must be completed by you AND signed by your new Broker. NOTE: We are unable to process applications without your Broker’s signature. Once your application is complete, you may personally deliver your application to the Association or email it to nancy@rsar.realtor. When we receive your completed New Member Application, one of our team members from the Membership Department will contact you.

Q: Who do I pay my fee to?

A: You will receive a monthly email statement from the Northern Nevada Regional MLS. This statement will include your MLS monthly fee and your Ekey lease fee. You may receive an email statement from the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® for classes you have registered for, credit tenant screening reports you have requested, or store items that you may have purchased. The only other statement you will receive from the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® will be an email statement in October for your annual dues.

Q: Can I be on auto-pay?

A: Yes, you can choose to be on auto-pay through the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® and through the Northern Nevada Regional MLS. You can enter your credit card information by clicking here to enter the member portal.

Q: Can I make payments for my Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® annual dues?

A: Yes. You can sign up for three (November, December, and January) dues installment payments. Click here for the form.

Q: What Orientation do I attend?

A: There are two mandatory Orientations that you must attend as a new member. One Orientation is provided by the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS®. This is an all-day event starting at 9 am and ending at 4 pm. RSAR Orientation will include a continental breakfast and lunch. The second Orientation you need to attend is the Northern Nevada Regional MLS 101 Orientation. This course can be taken live in the NNRMLS Computer Lab or online.

Q: How do I know what key to lease to open lockboxes?

A: The Reno/Sparks Association Team recommends that you lease the “Ekey.” The “Ekey” is an app that you can download on your smartphone and is very reliable. An “ActiveKey” is a separate device that needs to be maintained and kept charged at all times. The lease activation of an “Ekey” is $100 compared to $150 lease activation key for the “ActiveKey.”

Q: Why can’t I open my lockbox?

A: First, make sure that your key is updated. When you open the app on your smartphone, if there is no red “X” through the “Update Key” icon, your key is updated. If you do have an “X,” connect to a WiFi network and click on the “Update Key” icon. Once you confirm that your key is updated, be sure that your Bluetooth is turned on. Turn on the lockbox by pushing up on the key container so that the red light flashes on the lockbox. The lockbox and the phone “talk” to each other through the Bluetooth signal.

Q: What if I’m not in a WiFi area and need to update my Ekey?

A: If you are not in an area to connect to WiFi you will not be able to update. Make sure before you leave your home that your Ekey is updated.

Q: How can I keep track of my education?

A: You can keep track your education through the Nevada Real Estate Division’s website. From www.red.nv.gov, click on “Online services” > “My account” > “Login Here.” You will need to input your license number as your ID. For example, S.1234 (no leading zeros) and the last four digits of your social security number. You can also use the worksheets that RSAR has created to help you keep track. Initial 1-year Post Licensing Requirement Worksheet OR 2-year Continuing Education Requirement Worksheet.

Q: Do I need to physically mail copies of my education certificates?

A: No. You can either email OR mail your certificates. To learn how to review your application online, click here to watch a short video. If you would like to mail copies of your certificates along with your license renewal application, mail them to the Nevada Real Estate Division, 2501 East Sahara Avenue, Suite 102, Las Vegas, NV 89104.

Q: How do I receive a year-end account activity for taxes?

A: You can print your account activity for any year through your Paragon Launchpad or through RSAR’s Member Login. Once you are logged in, click on “Personal Services” > “Pay Your Account” > “View Paid and Unpaid Invoices” > “Account Activity Report.” Select “Invoice Detailed” on the Report Format and enter your desired date range for the year you would like and click “Submit.”

Q: What is RSARPAC?

A: The RSARPAC is the Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® Political Action Committee. Investments made to RSARPAC help fund legislative issues related to the real estate industry and protect private property rights. Past investments have prevented taxation on commissions, fought an increase in real property transfer taxes, protected agents’ ability to place signs, and more.

Q: How can I invest in RSARPAC?

A: With your annual dues statement showing the “Fair Share” amount of $60 for Salespersons or $120 for Brokers. You can also call the Association at 775-823-8800 or log in to Member Services and select “Make A 2019 RSARPAC Contribution.”